Friday 19 February 2010

Painting with light

So here I am in reading week! It's nearly over, but I've got some stuff done! I went to the fire station again on Monday even though I really didn't want to. Not because I don't enjoy myself though. I wasn't too sure why. I think it had something to do with being in the cold for a couple of hours and being a little tired. It was nice and warm indoors so I didn't feel like venturing outside to get frostbite! But I went anyway, and had a great time yet again. The firemen really embarrassed me at the end of it all though, words were twisted, holes were dug (by me) and hats were put over faces (again by me). As they put it, you could light a fag on my face, it sure felt like it was on fire!

Anyhoo, a few things have happened since my last post. I got my provisional license in the post yesterday! I wasn't expecting it for a couple of weeks at least, but sure enough 6 days later it arrived in the post along with my supporting identity documents! So now I can learn to drive and buy drinks without having to worry about ID! Seriously, it's great on one level that people think I look younger than I am, but it's not so great because it usually means I have to get a friend to buy me something with my money =/ Not anymore! Mind you, I don't really drink that much anyway so it's not that big a deal, I'm just happy that I have more doors open now.

What else has happened? Erm, I started playing my guitar again. Not that big a deal I guess but it's something I've not done for a while :) Oh, and I bought a market handbook for photographers that I've been meaning to get for a while. Should arrive either today or tomorrow. I still haven't bought certain bits of kit though...I really should sort that out. I just get stumped at what to buy. I fret so much over getting the right thing for the right price that I end up getting nothing. To be fair though, I'm having to spend lots on expensive equipment. I have every right to be thrifty :P

I also went out and about with a friend recently to do some painting with light. Partly because it's part of a brief we have in college and partly because it's one heck of a lot of fun. Before we got to the painting with light however we went somewhere else. I think it was Mumbles or Burry Port, I can't remember. Some harbour. I'll include those photos in a HDR post I'm going to make, since I used a tripod and bracketing. I'd like to try it out and see how it goes :)

For the painting with light, we messed around in Trostre car park first of all and then found a bridge to do some long exposures of cars going past. On the way home I decided I'd try and get something funky just by holding the camera loosely, let it focus on whatever and press the shutter down and see what happens. I got some pretty neat photos! Here's some of the results:






This one is one of my favourites, it's currently my desktop background :)

Please click for a larger image, I seem to have fixed the problem I was having with some being enormous. They should fit comfortably in the screen now :) I'll also be starting to use Flickr some more soon. I need to sort some things out first though.

No comments:

Post a Comment